duled staduled sta | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 26
Australias captain Steven Smith has criticised Glenn Maxwell and the team leadership group have fined him an undisclosed amount for comments deemed disrespectful to the teams gloveman and Victoria captain Matthew Wade. Blake Bortles Jersey .In what Smith clearly hoped would be the end of an unseemly episode that began when ESPNcricinfo reported Maxwell had tried to leave the Bushrangers for New South Wales outside the approved window to do so, he explained that he had told Maxwell and the team as a whole that more respect had to be shown for each other. Smith also declined to confirm whether Maxwell would be playing on Sunday, stating only that he was available for selection.Everyone was disappointed in his comments, Ive expressed that to him myself and spoke to the team, Smith said on Saturday ahead of the first Chappell-Hadlee ODI. One of our values is respect, having respect for your team-mates, your opposition, your fans, your media.I thought what he said was very disrespectful to a team-mate and his Victorian captain. The leadership group got together and we decided to fine Glenn, we thought that was sufficient punishment, so weve gone down that path. I was disappointed with the comments that he made.Maxwell had stated that it was painful batting behind Wade in the Victorian Shield batting order, among sundry other comments about his uncertain role in the state team and his ambitions to return to the Test team. Wadey was pretty disappointed as well like all the other players, Smith said. I talk about a respect for your team-mates and particularly the captain of your state, and he was disappointed.[Maxwell] was a little bit shattered with what he said. I dont think he thought the words came out the way they actually did, but weve moved on from that now, weve fined him and expressed our disappointment, but moving on and trying to focus on this game tomorrow.Smith is believed to have been one of the players Maxwell canvassed about moving to NSW during the limited-overs leg of the Sri Lanka tour earlier in the year, but he was not interested in re-opening the discussion on Saturday. Im not really concerned with that right now, Smith said. Its about getting through this season, and if things happen like that at the end of the season well deal with that then.Maxwells sanction did not meet with universal approval. Notably he was supported in his words by Mitchell Johnson, who has been a critic of punitive action against players since he was one of the four players suspended from a Test match in India three years ago - something the coach Darren Lehmann also criticised at the time.Turning his attention to New Zealand, Smith said the combination of cagey experience and pace-filled youth in the visitors bowling line-up would have to be watched closely. Theyve got some quality players in their line-up, a lot of the time they bat around Kane Williamson, hes the glue in their middle order, he said.Theyve got some dangerous players up top in Guptill or Latham if he plays up top. Theyve got some experience in their bowling line-up in Southee and Boult and some pace in this young fella Ive heard about, Ferguson. Theyre a quality team and were going to have to be at our best.One figure Smith is eager to command once more is the fast man Pat Cummins, making his latest return to the team amid a string of injuries. He bowled pretty quick in the nets yesterday, he bowled beautifully in the Matador Cup at the start of the season, and hes got that x-factor about him, Smith said. He bowls with great pace and good aggression and I think hell complement the other quicks really well and hopefully have an impact in this series. Abry Jones Jersey .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Barry Church Jersey . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jaguars-Logan-Cooke-Draft-Jersey/ ., and Rudi Swiegers of Kipling, Sask., took sixth spot on Saturday in pairs at the NHK Trophy ISU Grand Prix figure skating competition. CINCINNATI -- Billy Hamilton didnt use up all of his speed to beat the Milwaukee Brewers on Sunday.He had enough left to avoid the media after the game.Hamilton wasnt around to talk about dashing home on All-Star Jonathan Lucroys passed ball with two outs in the ninth inning, giving the Cincinnati Reds a 1-0 win over Milwaukee.Manager Bryan Price was more than happy to talk about the disruptive Hamilton.Billy is that guy, Price said. He affects the game. He changes the look of the game. He creates a lot of anxiety on the basepaths. That ball didnt get that far away from Lucroy. That ability of his to start and stop creates the opportunity.The speedy Hamilton drew a two-out walk from Tyler Thornburgh (3-3). Left-hander Will Smith relieved and walked Joey Votto.Hamilton stole third with Jay Bruce hitting, setting up the game-winning play. Smiths curveball glanced off Lucroys glove as Bruce swung and missed and rolled away to the catchers left.The ball didnt even reach the dirt track near the visitors dugout, but still was plenty far enough away for Hamilton to score easily.Thats what speed does, Smith said. It makes you freak out.It was originally scored as a wild pitch, then changed to a passed ball.The pitchers deserve better, Lucroy said. (Starter Zach) Davies deserved better. That cant happen. Thats minor league stuff right there. I shouldve caught it. If its in the air and I get a glove on it, Ive got to catch it.Tony Cingrani (2-2) pitched a perfect ninth for the win.Davies and Cincinnati starter Dan Straily each pitched seven impressive innings.Straily, who was 1-4 over his last five starts, gave up three hits, walked one and struck out four. He set down nine straight batters in one stretch and didnt allow a runner to reach second base until the sixth, when Jonathan Villar led off with a walk and stole his major league-leading 33rd base.Villar went to third on catcher Tucker Barnharts throwing error, but Lucroy grounded out to end the threat.I was able to throw my fastball where I wanted to, when I wanted to, Straily said. I felt good. The All-Star break is designed to allow us to refresh, and I really felt good today.Davies, recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs before the game, allowed four hits with no walks and five strikeoutss. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey. The Reds got two hits on his first three pitches, putting runners at first and third, but Davies escaped.Four of his five strikeouts were called and he fielded four balls, only one hit sharply.Thats a really good example of knowing when Im locating and mixing it up, Davies said. I know its going right when theyre taking pitches and not getting good swings on balls.Milwaukee put runners at first and second with two outs in the eighth against Michael Lorenzen, but Ryan Braun grounded out.NOT SO FASTReds rookie Jose Peraza was caught stealing second by Lucroy with one out in the second inning. Peraza was 13-for-13 in his brief career going into the game, including 10-for-10 this season.STRUGGLING SUAREZReds 3B Eugenio Suarez went 1 for 3, leaving him 4 for 32 (.125) since his seven-game hitting streak was snapped on July 3 at Miami.CONSISTENT STREAKERVillar went 0 for 3 to see his hitting streak snapped at seven games, his fourth streak of that length this season. Seven games is his season high.POWER OUTAGEReds pitching was able to keep Braun in the ballpark for the entire three-game series, a rare luxury. The Milwaukee left fielder went into the series with 32 homers against Cincinnati, more than against any other team, and 19 at Great American Ball Park, more than at any other location.TRAINERS ROOMBrewers: OF Hernan Perez didnt play, but manager Craig Counsell said he was available off the bench a day after leaving with a sore left foot, the result of a foul tip.Reds: RHP Caleb Cotham, whos been on the disabled list since May 31 with right shoulder inflammation, reported no problems after throwing 13 pitches, nine for strikes, in one inning of a rehab assignment with Double-A Pensacola on Saturday.UP NEXTBrewers: After a day off Monday, Milwaukee plays the first of 16 second-half games against the Pirates. RHP Chase Anderson (4-10) is the Brewers scheduled starter in the opener of a three-game series in Pittsburgh.Reds: Atlanta comes to town for a three-game series between the teams with the worst records in the majors. LHP Brandon Finnegan (4-7) is Cincinnatis scheduled starter in Mondays opener. Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Gear Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share:
advertisement