o Bin was defeated 1-2. (XinhuaTang Shi) Qiao Bin of China competes d | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
tujue
tujue Jan 3

CANBERRA Nike Air Max 2018 Elite Suomi , Oct. 13 (Xinhua) -- Boxer Jeff Horn has been awarded Australian sport's highest individual honor after defeating Manny Pacquaio in July.

Horn was awarded The Don Award, named after cricketer Don Bradman, by the Sport Australia Hall of Fame (SAHOF) on Thursday night.

Horn stunned the boxing world in July when he defeated Pacquaio by a unanimous points decision in his hometown of Brisbane, claiming the World Boxing Organisation (WBO) world welterweight title.

The result stirred controversy, prompting the Philippines Games and Amusements Board (PGAB) to request an official rescore of the fight which resulted in a 3-1 win for Horn.

"Many days I have thought to myself, 'did that really happen?' Nike Air Max TN Suomi ," Horn, a former school teacher, told the SAHOF event in Melbourne on Thursday night.

"It's been very hectic since the win but recognition and awards like this certainly help."

He said that winning The Don was a career highlight.

"It is massive," he said.

"This is a dream come true.

"I can remember growing up being inspired by previous winners such as (Olympic gold medallists) Cathy Freeman and Ian Thorpe.

"To know I am potentially inspiring the future generation of athletes, like these guys have done for me, is an incredible feeling."

The Don Award is awarded to "a current Australian athlete or team who Nike Air Max Tailwind Suomi , by their achievements and example over the last 12 months, are considered to have had the capacity to most inspire the nation."

Horn beat a field of finalists including hurdler Sally Pearson, one of only two people to have won the award twice, the Australian women' s national football team, swimmer Emily Seebohm and surfing world champion Tyler Wright.

Horn, 29 Nike Air Max Sequent Suomi , is expected to announce that his next fight will be against the United Kingdom's Gary Corcoran in December in Brisbane.

JAKARTA, April 19 (Xinhua) -- A football club in East Java of Indonesia said on Tuesday it is scouting for some of Asia's best athletes to join them for the national championship at the end of the year.

"I want players from Japan, South Korea, or Thailand," said Gede Widiade, the chief executive officer of Surabaya United, in Jakarta.

He noted that the recruitment cost of these players will be expensive, but "the most important thing that their quality of playing is good."

Gede said that the new footballers would play as striker and second striker, adding that they would be offered a contract for one competition season.

As many as 18 clubs are to vie at Indonesia's football competition, starting on April 29, according to the sport ministry.

Recruiting foreign players, who typically are better skilled, is one of the ways taken by Indonesian football clubs to improve the local players.

PARIS, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- Year-end world No. 1 Rafael Nadal announced his withdrawal from ATP 1000 Paris Masters here on Friday.

"Of course, it's a very hard decision for me," Nadal told a press conference. "Pulling out from any event is tough, but especially here from Paris. As I said a lot of times, it's the most important city in my career Nike Air Max Modern Suomi , without doubt."

Nadal secured season-ending world No. 1 following his victory over South Korean talent Chung Hyeon, before he overcame Uruguay's Pablo Cuevas in round of 16.

However, the Spanish tennis ace felt pain in his right knee before Thursday's decider, and had bandage on his right knee when returning to the court.

"Yesterday the pain during the match was too much, but it was not the moment to stop. I don't like to stop in the middle of the match.

"And especially during the match, thinking that I have some hours in between to do some treatment Nike Air Max Mercurial Suomi , that's what I did yesterday with the doctor here," explained Nadal.

"But being honest with the tournament, my opponents and myself, the way that I am today. I don't see myself playing three more matches here.

"I did one treatment yesterday night to try to play today, but it's impossible to go on court like yesterday," he added.

Nadal's previous best record at the Paris Masters came in 2007 Nike Air Max Invigor Suomi , when he finished runner-up behind Argentina's David Nalbandian.

"It's a tough situation, a sad one. But I'm calm that I came here, I tried my best, I did all the things I had to do to try to play this event," he commented.

Nadal emphasized that it was not the right moment to think about the ATP Finals in London in less than two weeks.

"I am enough sad to pull out from here. I feel like home here. It's very tough today for me. So it's not the right day to talk about London.

"The only thing I'm going to say is, that I'm going to do my treatment Nike Air Max Flyknit Suomi , do my best to play in London," he said.

Following Nadal's withdrawal, the Serbian qualifier Filip Krajinovic set up a clash with John Isner of the United States after making his first semi-final appearance at a ATP 1000 event.

Ninth-seeded Isner upset Juan Martin del Potro in full sets, and could clinch last spot at ATP Finals if he won the title in Paris. On the other hand, the Argentine Potro was set to miss the Finals.

Jeon Hyeok Jin of South Korea competes during the men's single second round match against Qiao Bin of China at 2017 Yonex French Open in curing the men's single second round match against Jeon Hyeok Jin of South Korea at 2017 Yonex French Open in Paris, France on Oct. 26, 2017. Qiao Bin was defeated 1-2. (XinhuaTang Shi) Jeon Hyeok Jin of South Korea competes during the men's single second round match against Qiao Bin of China at 2017 Yonex French Open in Paris, France on Oct. 26, 2017. Qiao Bin was defeated 1-2. (XinhuaTang Shi) Chen Long of Chin. Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Authentic Zach Ertz Jersey   Tyreek Hill Womens Jersey   Tremaine Edmunds Womens Jersey   Taysom Hill Womens Jersey   Sam Darnold Youth Jersey   Russell Wilson Youth Jersey   Rob Gronkowski Kids Jersey   Phillip Lindsay Kids Jersey 

Share:
advertisement